Monday, August 9, 2010

"Is there a monster in there?"

So, it is a new day... a new dollar and lots of stuff happening today... or did since it is now night time that I am writing this. :)~ First off Steve had court this morning and closed a chapter of his life that has been hanging over him like a dark cloud, and I am sure now that it is done a lot of stress has been lifted off his shoulders. Granted everything isn't said and done yet, but at least this huge hurdle has been conquered. So, all is good in the hood with that aspect.

Demitri had his last therapy session today. Well technically next week was supposed to be his last, but we are planning on being in Niagara Falls and Canada next week so um ya... we would be missing the appointment so, ya I just canceled it and let her know early. He did really well with Kari and it is kind of sad to see him not going anymore. I am not sure what the county will think of that, but Demitri is making great progress in his OT and his Speech, so only time will tell. He worked really hard today with Kari, and she said he skipped 3-4 times before he messed up and he rode his bike around the building. YAY, GO DEMITRI GO!! We are trying to work on him to get to ride his bike. We might have to get a bigger one, already because he grows like a weed, but the training wheels we have on it would not fit unless we got bigger ones, or a small bike. It is like a catch 22. *sighs* Hopefully though we will find a happy medium for the little (big) guy and all is well. :)~

We also had our 16 week doc appointment today with Dr. Curran, and I must say I think I like this doctor. He was really up beat, and nice and he was attentive to me and to my family. Demitri got to go a long and hear the heart beat too, and when Dr. Curran was moving the dopler around Demitri was like, "what's that? is there a monster in there?" it was cute. We got to hear the heart beat and it was at 146-148 per minute, and the doctor said that was good. So, YAY for hearing the baby. It was cute because one of the noises we heard was the baby kicking/moving and it made a large noise on the speaker. It is always interesting to hear what is going on inside. :)

Tomorrow I have to take the van in to get the AC checked. It seems to have quit on us this weekend, and before we go on our long road trip it is best if we had the sucker working. Man, has it been hot and we will be going East, following this nasty muggy swampy weather... ewww... but hopefully regardless it will be nice weather and not stormy or bad.

Alright well this is a short post for now, cause well I think I am going to go play BeJewelled or something. LOL... I am not sure why I am addicted to that game but I am. :P

Hugs to all and BLESSED BE!

Cleo

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Very cute about Demitri and the monster. :) Miss you!